Friday, April 10, 2009

Whatever it is, I'm against it!

This should be the Republican's new party anthem

I don't know what they have to say
It makes no difference anyway;
Whatever it is, I'm against it!


From Wikipedia



During the climactic football game, at one point Groucho utters the exclamation, "Jumping anaconda!" This seemingly nonsensical phrase probably is a reference to the notorious stock market performance of Anaconda Copper immediately preceding the Great Depression. Groucho had delivered other jokes related to the stock market in the Brothers' preceding films (for example, "The stockholder of yesteryear is the stowaway of today" in Monkey Business) and all the Marx Brothers had experienced severe losses in the 1929 crash.


I guess we should say "Jumping AIG

and again "The stockholder of yesteryear is the stowaway of today"

1 comment:

Lady P said...

You are always amazing me - I love the Groucho references!